The Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil is designed to carefully attack every single strand of hair thereby causing it to regain strength.
Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen and Restore Shampoo
If you are like me, at one point or another in your life you must have tried a ton of different shampoos looking for that very evasive feeling and result.
There’s that feeling you get where you feel like the cleansing agent in the shampoo really works and you can feel it. Better yet, you feel like it has worked and your scalp can breathe better. Even better is that feeling of a thorough cleansing. You feel clean, your scalp can breathe AND your scalp and hair don’t feel dry and stripped.
For me, that’s always the desired effect after shampooing.
Now, combine that with thicker, stronger hair with added volume and you have a winner!
This is exactly what Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen and Restore Shampoo is supposed to do for your hair.
A short while back, this very same shampoo had an added ingredient Keratine, and the manufacturers claimed that it could grow hair too. It was actually called “Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen Grow and Restore Shampoo” That has now changed.
About Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen and Restore Shampoo
This product has three main ingredients that are responsible for the claimed results of using Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen and Restore Shampoo.
These three main ingredients are
Organic Shea Butter
Apple Cider Vinegar
Jamaican Black Castor Oil
We will look at the role of each of them further along. Let’s first look at what the manufacturer claims this product will do for your hair.
“It’s clarifying, sulfate-free formula nourishes, strengthens and removes product build-up to reduce hair breakage, shedding and to promote hair growth. Infused with apple cider vinegar and shea butter to aid in regulating and balancing pH levels on the scalp for soft, shiny hair. Gentle enough for everyday use……
Who Can Use It?
Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen and Restore Shampoo can be used in natural hair, chemically processed hair and heat-styled hair. We can see here that it is geared towards all hair types, which is a plus.
It is also fit for use by those who have dry, brittle, weak, thinning and breaking hair and are looking to make it stronger.
How Does It Work?
So here is how it works. In a nutshell, it will cleanse your hair and scalp. It will also nourish your hair and moisturize. Let me tell you how.
Each of its ingredients plays a role towards this end. More so the four main ingredients I mentioned earlier.
Let’s see how each of them works.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Castor oil is well known for its wonderful properties. Not only is it famous for its many wonderful benefits for the hair, but also for the skin.
Jamaican black castor oil is dark brown or even black in color. This explains where this shampoo gets its dark color.
Of more interest though, is the number of benefits this oil has for your hair. They include
- It is rich in vitamin E, Omega 6 fatty acids and ricinoleic acid (also known as omega 9). These three things improve the circulation of blood to the scalp and by so doing hair growth is encouraged. The circulation also nourishes the scalp resulting in stronger hair roots and eliminating thinning hair.
- It contains minerals. These minerals keep your roots nourished resulting in stronger, thicker hair.
- Jamaican black castor oil has antibacterial properties. These properties help eliminate lice and infection from your skin.
A fungal or any other type of infection such as dandruff can hinder the healthy growth of hair. It causes imbalance and irritation causing itching. Scratching the skin results in damage. This, in turn, interferes with the healthy growth of your hair. Fungi occur naturally in the skin but when there’s a fungal infection, this increase in fungi will disrupt the growth cycle in one way or another.
- It nourishes and hydrates dry and dull skin. This will prevent hair damage and breaking from drying out. It will also prevent your hair from having a fizzy look as well as forming split ends.
- It will de-grease your hair leaving just enough moisture to keep it looking and feeling healthy, soft and smooth.
- It prevents hair loss.
- It heals scarring. When the scar tissue heals, room is left for new hair to sprout or for preexisting hair to get the nutrients it needs to grow and strengthen.
- In alopecia areata, Jamaican black castor oil will ward off the infection and grow back hair.
- It has antimicrobial and antiseptic properties. That means it will definitely ward off infection and live
- It a vasodilator. It increases blood flow and circulation thus stimulating hair growth
- It has a pleasant cooling sensation on the scalp
- It treats an irritated scalp, stimulating hair growth
- It normalizes the production of oil in your scalp by balancing the PH levels
- It penetrates the hair strands resulting in intense moisturization
- It promotes hair growth by increasing the oxygen supply to your scalp
Apple Cider Vinegar and essential oils
- It has antifungal and antibacterial properties. These will ward off infection, preventing hair loss.
- It reduces hair porosity.
Environmental and chemical damage can cause increased porosity in the hair shaft. This causes extreme loss of moisture and essential oils. Apple cider vinegar flattens the cuticles and minimizes this effect.
- It cleanses and clarifies restoring life back into your hair by removing the build-up that has your hair looking lifeless, dull and flat
- It adds shine to your hair. It does this by lifting the cuticles. They are then able to better reflect light and as a result, your hair appears healthy and glossy
- It makes your curls more springy and better defined
- Its natural acidity detangles your hair by slipping out tangles and knots. Styling and combing your hair then becomes a joy!
- It protects the hair from damage UV radiation exposure and environmental pollutants
- It coats the entire hair shaft, protecting it against elements like salt and chlorine found in pool water
- It provides essential nutrients that improve hair and scalp health, leaving your hair strong and healthy
- It strengthens the hair follicles so hair loss is significantly reduced or entirely eliminated
- Its anti-inflammatory properties help prevent hair loss by treating scalp conditions or keeping them at bay
- It soothes a dry and itchy scalp by sufficiently moisturizing it
- It is rich in vitamins A and E. These vitamins soothe dry hair and mend split ends
- It is an excellent hair and skin moisturizer.It penetrates the hair and effectively locks in moisture
- It keeps hair soft and pronounces curls. It is perfect for curly, natural hairdo’s
It has a mild sweet slightly minty smell that won’t irritate or interfere with the scent you want to wear afterward
- It has no sulfates, parabens or petroleum
- It works for all hair types, including natural hair
- It reduces breakage and shedding
- It removes dirt and sebum build-up
- It promotes healthy hair growth
- It leaves hair looking and feeling soft and moisturized
- You do not need to use much of it when shampooing
- Its consistency is great. Not too thick so it is easy to get out of the bottle
- It contains nutrients, minerals and fatty acids that effectively provide nutrition for healthier, stronger, well-nourished hair
- It doesn’t foam much so you are tricked into using more as you wash your hair
- It is a little difficult to rinse out so be prepared for more time under the shower
- It is expensive
- It is not so readily available so you might want to stock up if you come across it
I have natural hair. I do not know what my hair type is. I’ve never had that test done (note to self, test for hair type ASAP!) It is mildly curly, soft and grows very fast. It starts off thick and healthy at the roots but starts to thin as it grows out.
That is until I found this gem of a hair product line!
I can say that for me it has worked. My hair is stronger from root to tip, my curls are much more manageable and when I wash my hear, my scalp feels lighter and more “breathable” than with other shampoos I have tried.
I’m not saying that’s the exact same effect it will have on you. No. Different products work differently from one person to another.
I also like that its main ingredients are natural and the manufacturers have done their best to keep harmful ingredients away.
Yet another plus for me is that it doesn’t foam much. This, to me, means fewer chemicals. Score!
Go online. Get in there and do some research on the ingredients a product has and its anticipated result. There is a ton of information out there so get searching till you find what works for you.
Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil: Strengthen and Restore Shampoo has worked for me. I think I’ll stick to it for a while.
The formula grows and restores moisture to natural, chemically processed, color treated and heat styled hair. Shea Moisture is made from natural, certified organic and ethically sourced ingredients. These ingredients clarifies and nourishes to promote hair growth. It is also a sulfate formula and totally color free.
It is best for those who continuously style, perm or curl their hairs to follow a pattern. Despite that, you can apply it to all types of hair and it won’t affect it in any bad way.
It also helps promulgate hair growth and retain the elasticity of your hair without a single breakage. It stimulates the scalp for an extraordinary experience.
It contains no sulfides, gluten or other artificial colors. When adequately used, it creates a protective layer that heals and improves the appearance of frayed hairs that are disorganized at the ends. Each container comes with essential vitamins and restorative functions or processes that is essential for optimum hair health.
Directions for Use
- Apply half a palm full to wet hair.
- Gently massage from roots to ends.
- Rinse thoroughly and repeat process if necessary.
Efficient in hair cleaning because it helps to repel dirt from the hair surface. Negatively it can irritate hair because of their added charges. But mostly, they are highly efficient with oily hair.
Pantenal Hydrolyzed vegetable Protein
This gives the hair its required strength thereby facilitating the growth of thick hairs.
Parkii (Shea) Butter
This adds the nutrients required by the hair for its shiny and silkiness.
This promotes rapid hair growth.Buy Now on Amazon